The International Symposium “MARK ROTHKO 2015” is a meeting place for masters of painting in Daugavpils – in the city where Mark Rothko was born. They meet here for the eleventh time to create paintings in commemoration of the outstanding master and also to add to the collection of contemporary art in Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
11 artists from 8 countries participate in the symposium this year: Michail Lalov (Bulgaria); Siraj Saxena (India); Merav Shinn Ben-Alon (Israel); Alexander Selivanov (Russia); Karīna Korotkova and Sandra Strēle (Latvia); Voldemaras Barakauskas and Dainius Trumpis (Lithuania); Beate Gjersvold (Norway); Monika Falke and Janine Gerber (Germany).
Following the program, you yourselves will be able to choose what you feel desirable for you. Days of water-color painting will be organized for the first time in the history of the symposium.
Program of symposium public activities:
- Concert of URBAN TRIO group.
- Presentation of the International Symposium “Mark Rothko” participants.
- Evening of the water-color painting of the International Symposium “Mark Rothko 2015”.
- Workshop organized by Voldemaras Barakauskas (Lithuania).
- Workshop organized by Merav Shinn Ben-Alon (Israel).
- Day of water-color painting of the International Symposium “Mark Rothko 2015”.
- Workshop organized by Monika Falke (Germany).
- Workshop organized by Beate Gjersvold (Norway).
- Rock concert INDYGO.