The history of the Museum of Geometric and MADI art began more than 12 years ago when Bill and Dorothy Masterson, lifelong supporters of the arts, were introduced to the innovative MADI art movement. Fascinated by the playful complexity and fascinating figures inherent within this modern art form, the Mastersons became involved in the MADI movement, traveling around the world to collect MADI art pieces and even staying with Carmelo Arden Quin, the movement’s founder. When Mr. Masterson’s firm, Kilgore & Kilgore, moved to the building on 3109 Carlisle, the Mastersons decided to give back to the community that has supported the firm by converting the majority of the first floor of the building into the first permanent MADI Museum. As such, the renovation of the building itself was designed in the MADI style; one that emphasizes innovative designs containing an array of geometric forms. The concept behind MADI is more than just an assembly of colored shapes, however – the art is universally accessible and appealing, and the more it is studied, the more multifaceted it becomes.
Mitsouko Mori In the fall of 2004 she was the MADI Museum’s Artist-in-Residence, and created works that are now on display in the museum, as well as in the museum shop. She created a large 3 part wall mural specifically for the Museum’s opening in 2003.
Naam museum: The Museum of Geometric and MADI art.
Specialisaties: Geometrisme, Spatial Concretisme, MADI art.
- Concretisme | FR/NL | 1930 – Heden | Schilderijen, Reliëfs, Beglazing, Muurschildering.
- Spatial Concretisme | UA | 1945 – Heden | Schilderijen, Reliëfs, Sculpturen, Objecten.
- MADI art | AR | Schilderijen, Sculpturen | Spatial Concretisme.
Collecties in beheer:
Abstracte kunstenaars in collectie:
Charles Bézie | FR 1934 FR | Schilderijen, Reliëfs | Spatial Concretisme.
Exposities: (Solo / Duo / Groep / ?)
- 2018: The Museum of Geometric and MADI art, Dallas US, Reliëfs of Elvira Daeter ‘Poetic Densities’.
- 2017: Museum of Geometric and MADI art, Dallas US, Geometric MADI art biënnale: Origins in Geometry.
- 2017: Geometric MADI art Museum, Dallas US, Arcadia Salon with John Henry May.
- 2015: MADI art biennale Dallas US, Elvira Daeter Nederlandse deelnemer biënnale.
- 2015: Winners of the MADI art 2015 biënnale of the Museum of Geometric and MADI art, Dallas US.
- 2015: Elvira Daeter wint eerste prijs MADI art biënnale van Museum of Geometric and MADI art, Dallas US.
Bronnen: Zie publicaties en websites.